The car I really want to be driving!!

The car I really want to be driving!!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

weekly recap

Well it is Sunday night and I thought I might try to give a little recap on the week. (At least the things I want to talk about again.) I applied to work at Lund Cadillac and also at Discover Card. I interviewed at Discover and haven't heard from Lund yet. I called as instructed on Friday and Lund told me to call back m-f 8-3 for more info next week. Tomorrow morning I plan on calling early and every day until I am told not to call or they give me an interview. When I went to apply there, I thought it interesting to note that the uniform is a white long sleeve shirt and tie. I don't think I will have to break the bank to buy new clothes to fit it if hired there! The interview at Discover went well, the post they are hiring for will not start for a couple of weeks yet, but they weren't sure if they wanted to hire me due to the expense of training and such, seeing as I appear to be looking for employment at car dealerships. I explained I wouldn't mind working a night shift opposite my full time job, but they weren't sure. Other than that, they liked me and would want to hire me. It is in someone else's hand now. I think I may just talk to Sherri, mom and dad's friend, and see if I can get a job with her for a little while.
Tobias had strep this past week and has been cranky, whiny and stinky! He has been on his meds for 9 days now, and still his lymph nodes are swollen. This by the way is an infection that he caught while taking antibiotics for his ear infections. We are not convinced that he is well yet, and I think we may end up going back to the doctor again. It would seem that we were careful enough that no one else in the family got strep. A few of the family have mild symptoms of some kind of cold at most. I woke up this morning extremely nauseous and i have a killer headache still. I got a little relief when I took some pepto, but it is still a lingering feeling.
Well that is really all the updates for now. I will post something again in a couple of days, and try to add some pictures. TTFN

2 comments:

Debra said...

I have been praying for you to find a job, and you were in my thoughts during my fast yesterday too. I was thinking perhaps the family could do a special fast for you if you believe it will help.

Skot the Fabulous said...

Thanks Debra. I don't know what I am going to do, so any help is always good help. Thanks for your support and encouragement. Good luck to you too in your housing and job predicaments. I love you.